The CIOPORA Academy, the specialized training and certificate program for individuals seeking to expand their knowledge of Intellectual Property (IP) protection in the field of horticulture, will host its fifth global workshop October 16-17 in Madrid, Spain, on the fringes of the Fruit Attraction trade show. The CIOPORA Academy is the educational arm of CIOPORA, the International Association of Breeders of Asexually Reproduced Ornamental and Fruit Varieties.
The workshop will bring participants through six, 90-minute interactive modules. Topics and speakers include:
- The Basics of Applying for Plant Breeders’ Rights (PBR) – Urszula Braun, Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO)
- Troubleshooting in the PBR Application Process – Thomas Leidereiter, Green Rights
- Novelty in PBR and Plant Patents – Thomas Leidereiter, Green Rights
- Troubleshooting in Case of IP Infringement – Tjeerd Overdijk, Vondst Advocaten
- Basic Principles of Customs Law Related to IP – Tjeerd Overdijk, Vondst Advocaten
- Country-Specific Facts on IP Protection: Turkey – Yeşim Metin, Destek Patent
“CIOPORA has been dedicated to IP protection for plants for over 55 years and, as an association, has amassed an incredible amount of knowledge. It is our mission to now put this valuable knowledge into the hands of the people who really need it – plant breeders, growers, traders and anyone involved in the horticulture supply chain – through The CIOPORA Academy,” said Dr. Edgar Krieger, Secretary General of CIOPORA.
The CIOPORA Academy is an ongoing, specialized training and certification program that was developed to fill the need for continued education on the rules and regulations surrounding IP for ornamental and fruit plants. Workshops are held at locations throughout the world and provide practical knowledge for all individuals in the horticulture supply chain. Workshop participants are divided into classrooms of 15-25 individuals to create an interactive atmosphere that supports hands-on learning.
Individuals who successfully complete the Madrid Workshop on IP for Plants will receive a certificate verifying completion from CIOPORA. Seats are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. To view the agenda and register, visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/madrid-workshop-on-ip-for-plants-tickets-36401360449
To learn more about upcoming or past CIOPORA Academy workshops, visit www.ciopora-academy.org
Source: Seed Quest