ESA has just published a new set of factsheets to explain the importance of European Seed Treatment Assurance Scheme (ESTA), the quality scheme to ensure the safe treatment of seed against pest and diseases.
Did you know that thanks to seed treatment, farmers can do more with less, using less product in a more targeted way?
The use of seed treatment can make a difference by avoiding the application of plant protection products on the whole field and by reducing the utilization of these products.
It is crucial to ensure that the application of seed treatments is performed in professional seed treatment facilities. That is why ESA developed the ESTA standard to meet recent regulatory and political requirements and harmonize excellence across EU when using seed treatment products.
To find an answer to all these questions and discover more about ESTA and seed treatment, download the new ESTA factsheets:
- ESTA European Seed Treatment Assurance Scheme – Facts and Benefits for the Seed Industry (pdf)
- ESTA European Seed Treatment Assurance Scheme – Facts and Benefits for Policy Makers (pdf)
Did you know?
- ESTA has more than 90 certified sites in 15 different countries and is a recognized standard across EU.
- ESTA is used in 7 different agricultural crops: maize, oilseed rape, sunflower, sugar beet, cereals, vegetables and protein crops.
- ESTA is extended also outside the European Union with treatment sites certified in Ukraine and Turkey.
- ESTA is being operated by Agents who have the specific infrastructure, knowledge, competence and cooperate with ESA in the implementation of the ESTA scheme.
- ESTA provides guidance for treated seed, translated in 26 different languages which facilitates adoption.