UPOV is pleased to announce that the free offer for use has been extended until December 2018.
WHY USE IT?
- Quick and easy transmission of application data for Plant Breeders’ Rights
- Easier to protect your plant varieties by giving you one-stop, online access to application forms via a multilingual interface
- Currently covers 21 countries and the European Union and is GROWING!
- For more information on all the crops covered, participating PVP Offices and fees, click here
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Online application tool to submit application data to participating PVP Offices in required format
- Easy access to PVP application forms, which can be displayed in a range of languages
- Much of the information provided in the Technical Questionnaire will be automatically translated
- Relevant data can be re-used in subsequent applications
- Different user roles can be specified (e.g. drafter, signatory, translator, agent)
- Controlled access, secure and confidential
UPOV is an intergovernmental organization based in Geneva, with 75 members, covering 93 States.
The purpose of UPOV is to provide and promote an effective system of plant variety protection, with the aim of encouraging the development of new varieties of plants, for the benefit of society.
The members of UPOV are:
African Intellectual Property Organization (OAPI), Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia (Plurinational State of), Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, European Union, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, México, Morocco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Oman, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United Republic of Tanzania, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam.
For further information about UPOV, please contact the UPOV Secretariat.