GEVES entrustment has been renewed to perform DUS tests on over 500 different botanical species including agricultural, vegetable, fruit and ornamental species, according to a release.
An extension of the entrustment scope was granted for the following species:
- Apium gravelolens L. var rapaceum (celeriac), as of Jan. 1, 2019
- Brassica juncea L. (agricultural type) (brown mustard), as of Jan. 1, 2019
- Brassica rapa L. var. rapa L. (turnip), as of Jan. 1, 2019
- Trifolium incarnatum (red clover), as of Sept. 1, 2022
- Trifolium resupinatum L. (Persian clover), as of Sept. 1, 2022
CPVO Administrative Council validated this decision at their meeting on March 31, 2023 following the audit of the CPVO quality audit service, which was conducted in September 2022. The audit was conducted across several experimental sites of GEVES and its subcontractors.
The DUS tests can be used to issue a Community Plant Variety Right for species that included in the scope.
GEVES is the French Variety and Seed Study and Control Group.